Evacuation after toilet block fire

Lui Zacher
August 5, 2022 / 9:42 pm

st josephs google

A Newtown School was forced to evacuate students after a toilet block fire Friday morning

St Joseph’s College students have been praised by it’s principal Tony Paatsch, in a letter to parents after the incident.

“This morning just before 9am a Critical Incident took place at the college with a fire in one of the student toilet blocks,” the letter read

“Students and staff evacuated and the fire did not spread beyond the floor area within the toilet block.”

A Victoria Police spokesperson said Fire Investigators attended, and a teenager has recieved a caution for criminal damage.

A spokesperson from FRV said no one was injured in the incident

“Wearing breathing apparatus, crews from FRV and CFA quickly made the scene safe with the incident then handed over to Victoria Police”



Image: Sue Ellson